Saturday 29 November 2008

Nevio Pellicci 1925-2008



I'm very sad to say that a good friend has passed away. Nevio Pellicci, owner of E Pellicci, or "Pellicci's Caf" in Bethnal Green, was a dear friend to me and countless others. Nevio, Neville or Nev Snr. to regulars, was one of the warmest, most dignified people I have ever met and owner of one of the East end's finest family businesses. He was one of those ageless people who's energy and joie de vivre transcended his years. Right now it sounds so odd talking about him in the past tense because he’s always been such a big part of my every day life and my positive outlook on the area I live in. I’ll really miss Nevio and I know many others will too.

I hope a little bit of his sparkle continues to live on through the cafe and his wonderful family who will no doubt keep it going. I wish them a lot of love.